Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Karl Townsend Karl Townsend is offline

Default OT WSJ -- Does the estate tax hurt farmers and family businesses?

THAT'S where we are headed, my friends.
That's the great abyss.
Our valuable Greenbacks turning into Monopoly money!

So the real question is - what will the "hard currency" of the future be?

Yen? Yuan? Pesos??? Or toilet paper and Tampons????

Considering that ob Tampons are now out of production and going for nearly
$40 a box... well....

Like I said before, Karl, I have no clue.
(nor do I believe anyone else does either!)

Interesting story.

Yep, Iggy is right, a prudent move for my investments at this time
would be from 60/40 bond/stock to maybe 20/80 bond/stock.

But, that's just for while things stay normal. Our economy is a house
of cards. I don't know when, but sooner than later seems likely, a
couple of cards holding the whole pile up are going to be kicked out.
Then my protfolio don't mean jack s#$%.

Karl