Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
stryped[_3_] stryped[_3_] is offline

Default TV interference with T8 lights

I decided after the T 12 lights in my attached garage started having
problems to replace them with T8's.(Electroonic ballasts) Since doing
this, Channel 5 WTVF goes out every time I turn the garage lights on.
It goes back to normal when the lights are off.

I have a rooftop antenna a yagi, on a tower right outside my garage. I
also have on this tower my dish network dish.

I origionally thought it was probably the light and replaced it with
another one from Lowes, but this light did the same thing as well.

Is there a way to diagnose what is causing this or preventing it?

I also have UHF little antennas at varios tv's in the house to be able
to work the remote from another bedroom. (Satelite box). however, for
a test, I unscrewed one of the antennas at the kitchen tv and it made
no difference.