Posted to alt.home.repair

Default O.T. Next financial bubble to burst.

On Fri, 24 Dec 2010 16:37:32 -0800, "DGDevin" wrote:

"Higgs Boson" wrote in message

Hogwash, a zero-interest loan to buy a car is a brilliant investment.
Instead of paying cash I leave the money in an interest-generating
investment and make monthly payments that can come out of petty cash. A
*free* five-year loan, and a new car to drive, what exactly is the
downside
of that?

I am confused. Doesn't the buyer have to pay the accumulated interest
at the end of the designated period?

What interest? Ford wanted to move cars, there was a factory rebate and
they were happy to loan me the money interest-free--zero percent--I would
have been a fool to pay cash. I got to use their money to buy their product
and pay it back over five years, that's what I call a good deal. It's
hilarious that "Harry" thinks otherwise.

Ford didn't offer you cash, instead?