Posted to alt.home.repair
Jan Philips Jan Philips is offline

Default problem replacing ceiling fan/light with light fixture

On Fri, 24 Dec 2010 16:06:08 -0800 (PST), DD_BobK
wrote:

RBM's choice is correct, I reading & typing as you posted.

My guess it that you're using a digital meter & picking up a 'phantom'
voltage ....... the bulb not lighting (an inadvertent bulb test)
proves that.

I did a test with bulbs first, and it works. Now I have it installed,
working.

Yes, I am using a digital meter. I'm used to getting fluctuating
things in the millivolts (for instance those I said were zero), but
these were steady readings of around 105V. What causes the phantom
voltage?
--
Replace you know what by j to email