Posted to alt.home.repair
Kurt Ullman Kurt Ullman is offline

Default O.T. Next financial bubble to burst.

In article ,
"DGDevin" wrote:

This is the excuse parroted as a reason for having guns.

Somewhere between 1.5 and 2 million times a year (depending on whether you
want to believe the DOJ or the NRA) someone in America uses a firearm for
self-defense, sometimes without firing it. I know several such people,
including a female ancestor who defended herself and her two young children
from a violent intruder (she was born in the UK too). So your claim that
the ownership of firearms for self-defense is an illusion "parroted" by
people who don't really need one is another example of your ignorance and
consuming anti-Americanism.

Heck I have gotten out of a couple minor scrapes that could have been
worse by putting my hand on my back as if I had a piece there. The
baddies have to assume that you do given the number out there.

--
"Even I realized that money was to politicians what the ecalyptus tree is to koala bears: food, water, shelter and something to crap on."
---PJ O'Rourke