Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Karl Townsend Karl Townsend is offline

Default OT WSJ -- Does the estate tax hurt farmers and family businesses?

The People have no say in this.

Events will unfold _as they have been set in motion_.

We are at that awkward point where we have stepped off the cliff - and
found
nothing there to step on.

Like Wilie Coyote, we make the dramatic pause, wave bye-bye, and plummet
into
the abyss.

But then, I'm an optimist at heart.

--

Richard Lamb
email me:

We might as well try to learn how to fly on the way down.

Richard pretty well sums up my view of our situation.

I'm near retirement and have a fairly good amount of savings. But I
feel paralyzed as to where to put it. I've lost all confidence in the
stock market. I'm told bonds are over bought and will collapse when
interest rates take off. I've got too much hid under the mattress and
more guns, gold, and machine tools than I should have. I'd rather not
spend my final decade or so on this planet in total poverty.

What should a prudent small guy do?

Karl