Posted to alt.home.repair

Default How to plug sliding door gap?

On 24 Dec 2010 07:29:13 GMT, Wayne Boatwright
wrote:

The key to properly operating jalousies is maintenance. My parents
owned a home for many years that had a 32' x 20' back porch with 6'
tall jalousies lining three walls. My dad lubricated and operated
the mechanisms on a regular schedule and there was never a problem.
They cranked open and closed tightly with minimal effort. Jalousies
are not a type of window to be ignored for months or years on end.

My point was, if you think a decent sliding door is a "hole in the
wall" heat-wize and air-leak-wize, it cannot compare to even the BEST
jalousie style window.