Posted to alt.home.repair
Nate Nagel Nate Nagel is offline

Default Spray painting speaker grills

On 12/24/2010 03:04 AM, Sam Takoy wrote:
Hi,

I have bought white paintable in-wall speakers.

I would like to spray paint them now, but I'm worried about the paint
clogging the grilles. Any word of advice here? Like, spray from a few
more inches away. Or move across more quickly to achieve thinner coats.
Or, don't do it!

Many thanks in advance,

Sam

I'd use Krylon or similar, not house paint fed through a sprayer.

I've had to spray paint some metal speaker grilles while restoring old
cars (think of the ones in the middle of the dash on 60's and earlier
cars) and yes you do have to be a little careful about not getting the
paint on too thick, but if you get any filled holes, you can take a
toothpick and poke through them.

nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.