Posted to alt.home.repair
jim jim is offline

Default Spray painting speaker grills

On Dec 24, 5:04*am, Sam Takoy wrote:
Hi,

I have bought white paintable in-wall speakers.

I would like to spray paint them now, but I'm worried about the paint
clogging the grilles. Any word of advice here? *Like, spray from a few
more inches away. Or move across more quickly to achieve thinner coats.
Or, don't do it!

Many thanks in advance,

Sam

I spray painted with a latex (thinned the first coat) and went over it
ever so slightly with the air gun attachment on my compressor right
after. The holes opened right up and the result was ' factory'. I
would assume a can of compressed air would do the same.