Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default What's a reasonable number of times to be asked to give a jumpstart?

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
george [dicegeorge] wrote:
As car electronics gets cleverer and cleverer
disconnecting the battery to swap it for a new one may break more things
than the radio.

Urban myth. Some ECus may need to 're-learn' things, though.

Actual fact.

All the electric windows forgot where 'closed' was.

All the powerfold mirrors forgot where folded was.

The radio ceased to work. I did not even HAVE the code: the main dealer did.

That's all cos the battery went flat after a month of 'tracker' and I
charged it up..but..

Can you imagine the lawsuits in the US if something so simple as a flat
battery broke things?

Doesn't break them, but it took my an irritated call and half an hour to
restore the car to sanity.