Posted to uk.d-i-y
geraldthehamster[_2_] geraldthehamster[_2_] is offline

Default insulating draughty cavity under ground floor boards?

On 24 Dec, 00:49, fred wrote:
In article
,
RobertL writesRemember to get building control
approval (it's covered by Part L).

There is no requirement to gain approval for additional insulation where
there is no change to the structure.
--
fred

Approved Document L1B, 5.7 b. i. defines the replacement of an
existing layer as "stripping down the element to expose the basic
structural components (brick/blockwork, timber/metal frame, joists,
rafters, etc)..."

So I guess if you take up the floorboards, strictly speaking it's
notifiable. I wouldn't bother, and I bet nobody has.

Cheers
Richard