Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Removing towel rack from tile

On Dec 23, 11:58*pm, Heather Mills wrote:
On Thu, 23 Dec 2010 12:10:35 -0500, Tony Sivori
wrote:

Heather Mills wrote:

Heather Mills wrote:

Is there a good way to remove the towel rack?

I've posted some photos on alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking.

Is it better to move the discussion there or continue here?

I'd say continue the discussion here. Binary groups are for binaries
(files), and discussion groups are for discussion.

You obviously have removed the rack,

Yessir. I posted links to photos in another reply.

and now have two tiles in need of
replacement, so what is the question?

1. Do I need to repaid the hole in the sheetrock where the post was?

2. The new tiles are much thinner then the old ones. Can I just use
more thinset or do I need to build it up some first?

3. Does anyone have any suggestions for where I might find tiles that
match better?

As I said earlier in this thread, when you can't match what you have,
coordinate it with something that compliments it.

Perhaps a tile with a pattern that has some of the same colors in it
or a hand painted tile from a crafts show or a rough textured tile in
a complimentary color.

If you try to match it and "come close" it will look like you tried to
match it and missed.

When I pulled my towel rack and soap dish, I actually removed some
extra tiles from various spots on the wall and replaced them with a
patterned tile so that the three that I *had* to replaced didn't stand
out as much. I basically ceated my own design that looked like it
belonged there from the start.