Posted to alt.home.repair
Smitty Two Smitty Two is offline

Default Removing towel rack from tile

In article ,
David Nebenzahl wrote:

On 12/23/2010 9:52 AM spake thus:

On Dec 22, 10:11 am, Heather Mills wrote:
This one is glued onto tile.

No, it is not. There was no glue around in the 1950s that would stick
to the surface of a ceramic tile.

You're not following the thread very well.

The statement you responded to, "This one is glued onto tile" referred
to a link someone had posted earlier--not to the OP's situation.

The OP's towel holder is NOT screwed into the wall; it's grouted right
in, like many such accessories were done (and still can be). When I
tiled my bath in the one house I owned and sold, I grouted a soap holder
in. No fasteners of any kind: just cut a hole for it in the green
drywall, smushed thinset onto it along with the surrounding tile, then
later grouted around it.

Uh, I guess I'm not following the thread well, either. I'm not aware
that Heather (or Donna, maybe) has actually removed the towel bar yet,
so how is it that you already know how it's fastened?