Posted to uk.d-i-y
fred fred is offline

Default What's a reasonable number of times to be asked to give a jump start?

In article , ARWadsworth
writes
fred wrote:

Next time (say it like you mean it):

"This is the last time, buy a new battery"

Next again time:

"I told you, it's over between us, goodbye closes door"

The neighbour is similar to "Tim Nice-but-Dim"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harry_Enfield's_Television_Programme#Characters

Well educated but no common sense.

Sorry, in that case:

"This-is-the-last-time,-buy-a-new-battery" :-)

As you don't want to fall out with him I imagine you'll be offering a
lift to wherever he wants to buy his battery from before repeating the
above mantra.

Actually, print out a card with it written on and give it to him.

Next time he comes round ask him if he's still got the card and get him
to read it out.

Mind you, I know what he will say . . . . , "cmon, mate, just this once"

Don't worry, I knew it was rhetorical, there is nothing you can say to
him.
--
fred