Anthony Diodati

Default Table Saw Magic - anyone built any of the jigs?

I haven't built any, but I know Ian Kirby had a similar raised panel sled
jig in a issue of American Woodworker.
Tony D.
"john moorhead" wrote in message
Folks -

I've been going over "Table Saw Magic" by Jim Tolpin and have started
building some of the jigs in the book. Have any of you built his jigs

or
made any mods?

He has a "Universal Fence" that everything else attaches to. It is a ~6"
vertical fence that is cradled on the top of your existing rip fence. It

has
a T track and a couple of captive nuts, for attaching other jigs or
accesories. I built it yesterday, that's the first step. Next is a
vertical sled, which I am building. Toward the end of the book there's a
raised panel sled that lets RT saw owners work on the right side while
keeping the blade vertical. It seems as if these two vertical fence jigs
could be easily combined.

I haven't *used* the two jigs I've built yet, they're still going

together,
but everthing looks promising. In looking at the other jigs in the book,

am continually going "A-HA!". While I may not be the sharpest tool on the
bench, I know my kindling and Tolpin has some *really* insightful ideas

and
methods in this book.

I'd be interested to know if any of you have built his jigs and your
feedback.

John Moorhead
Lakeport CA