Posted to uk.d-i-y
fred fred is offline

Default Boiler - water from the flue

In article
,
Mathew Newton writes
On Dec 23, 3:34 pm, Rob wrote:

I would telephone Ideal Boilers in Hull for a definitive answer as to
the authenticity of the kit you have fitted to your boiler.

I take your point, but frankly I don't want to drop him in it.

That's an interesting sense of loyalty you've got there - if what he's
fitted is indeed an unauthorised DIY bodge one can only assume he's
probably doing this on other installs too. What if one of these bodges
leads to a situation whereby another owner ends up dying from CO
poisoning due to failure of the flue to vent?

Not that I approve but the alternative to going along with it may be a
condemned installation and immediate disconnection. The installation
appears to be in a covered walkway and if it is, I can't see it meeting
the regs.
--
fred