Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Removing towel rack from tile

On Dec 22, 5:55*pm, Heather Mills wrote:
On Tue, 21 Dec 2010 21:16:01 -0800, Heather Mills
wrote:

We have an old house. In one bathroom, there is a towel rack attached
to the tile wall right over the tub. It's a terrible place for a towel
rack and it has bugged me for years. I am reluctant to remove it
myself, because it's attached to the tile with what looks like the
same cement (grout?) that they use to attach the tiles. The cement is
white and very hard, like grout.

I tried tapping it with a sharpened screwdriver and a hammer. I was
able to chip away some of the cement, but I am worried about cracking
or scratching the tile underneath.

Is there a good way to remove the towel rack?

I've posted some photos on alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking.

Is it better to move the discussion there or continue here?

Color me lazy, but without a link, I'm not troubling myself to go
looking for them.