Posted to alt.home.repair
Patrick Karl Patrick Karl is offline

Default Deadbolt for old door

On 12/21/2010 9:07 PM, Smitty Two wrote:
In ers.com,
David wrote:

I take the threat of fire, and the possibility of dying in it, very,
very seriously. I may not be the handiest handyman on the planet, but
I've resolved to not do anything that leads to serious injury or death.

For security reasons, I would *never* have an exterior door without
double cylinder deadbolts.

I have double cylinder deadbolts on all of our exterior doors. However,
if we're at home, all of the locks are provided with a key on the
interior. When we go on a trip, all the keys are collected and stored
in an obscure place.