Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT WSJ -- Does the estate tax hurt farmers and family businesses?

On Dec 22, 6:48*pm, Tim Wescott wrote:

Then the family is the victim of its own ****-poor planning. *If you're
alive then you're going to die, and if you're living somewhere that has
estate taxes then you should certainly plan on it.

Call it the "I want everything for nothing tax" and you'll cover just
about any tax that an anti-tax boomer refers to.

--

Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Serviceshttp://www.wescottdesign.com

In general Estate Taxes can be avoided in a number of ways. So the
Estate Tax is really more of a good deal for financial planners and
insurance agents. The question is " Should the government help
accountants? " And if so why? Million of dollars go for evading the
Estate Tax. Surely it would be better to encourage people to do
something productive with the money instead of paying for estate
planning and tax advice.

You can call it the " I want everything for nothing tax " or call it "
The government wants more money tax ".

Some of the states are pretty bad about estate taxes. My brother in
law died this year. He was a Virginia citizen and owned property in
Virginia. Unfortunately he also owned a summer place in New York
State. So my sister had to pay estate tax to New York on the property
in New York. No surprise there. But she also had to pay estate tax
to New York on the property in Virginia. I call that the"New York
State wants your money tax".

Dan