Posted to alt.home.repair
Jules Richardson Jules Richardson is offline

Default Removing a cast iron bath tub??

On Tue, 21 Dec 2010 19:35:08 -0800, Harry K wrote:

Hmmm...after a bit more thought...If a removable panel can be designed
to look good then the real answer is to produce a tub with no sides or
ends and provide one long panel and either one, two or no short panels.
It would now fit any bath design. The 'appearance factor' should not be
a hard problem to solve.

Yes, *exactly*. And I've seen lots of baths like that over in England.
I've not seen them like that here in the US, but then I've not exactly
been paying attention, either :-) It can certainly be done, has been
done and is done, and it actually surprised me to find ones that weren't
like that.

Yes, you end up with a seam down any exposed sides of the bath, but I
don't think it's necessarily intrusive (and doesn't result in sharp edges
etc.)

cheers

Jules