Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default insulating draughty cavity under ground floor boards?

harry wrote:
On Dec 21, 5:20 pm, The Natural Philosopher
wrote:
stuart noble wrote:

also my main gripe is that I wish I had insulated my floors MORE
In windy weather they lose a LOT of heat despite 2" of polystyrene.
So if anyone is laying a slab, or redoing floors, insulate to the max.
You wont regret it.
So you went for Jablite then? They say it's a minimal fire risk on the
ground floor

It certainly is under 5 " of screed and with a further 6" of concrete
underneath ;-)

Sadly I was required to have a suspended CONCRETE floor,. which is OK
but why they insisted it be VENTED is beyond me.

It came in handy though to make vents for the solid fuelled fires and
the aga tho :-)

But I suspect the heat calcs were done on the basis of a solid slab:
with venting it wasn't enough.Some parts of the floor are distinctly icy
near where the outside vents are.

Radon?

In SUFFOLK?