Posted to alt.home.repair
Harry K Harry K is offline

Default Removing a cast iron bath tub??

On Dec 21, 9:57*am, wrote:
On Tue, 21 Dec 2010 07:02:18 -0800 (PST), Thomas
wrote:

These folks are overstating the dangers of breaking this up.

I had a piece rocket to the ceiling and knock me out. Do be careful.

How hard are you people hitting this thing?
Once I got the first little piece cracked off I was just letting the
hammer hit the broken edge. pretty much of it's own weight and palm
sized pieces simply dropped into the tub. There were pieces of the
finish that spattered off but they were not flying around the room
like M16 bullets.
I was wearing my safety glasses but I wear them all the time when I am
working anyway.

Accidents happen. Relating one insstance where it didn't is no proof
of anything.

I spent two years busting up the concrete foundation of a
schoolhouse. Once, and once only a chip hit my face and broke my
glasses. Probably would have lost and eye except for the (non safety)
glasses.

Wear safty equipment when busting up anything!!

Harry K