Posted to alt.home.repair
aemeijers[_2_] aemeijers[_2_] is offline

Default Deadbolt for old door

On Dec 21, 12:09*am, Smitty Two wrote:
In article ,
*David Nebenzahl wrote:

I really do not like doors that need a key to unlock
from the inside (not to mention that they're illegal),

Illegal? Really? Is that a local ordinance?

Fire code most places prohibits it, but it is routinely ignored. Idea
being, that unless you leave a key in the lock (which basically turns
it into a thumb latch), people could get trapped in a fire. Unlike us
tool-using barbarians on here, most people wouldn't think of smashing
the glass to get out. I might do it in a house I lived alone in, but
would never do it in a house with kids or older folks.

--
aem sends...