Posted to alt.home.repair
The Henchman[_6_] The Henchman[_6_] is offline

Default HD Plastic Electric Tie-Wraps

"Bob" wrote in message ...

Hi,

Bought a package of those electrical plastic tie-wraps at HD.
The kind they sell, mainly, for wrapping around a cable bundle to hold
them together.

But, they are useful for a zillion other purposes, too.

Tried to wrap them around a fence post to hold some reflective markers on.

They fractured immediately.

Guess the plastic they use can't take to cold.
But it should; only about 20 deg F out there, which really isn't all
that bad.

Anyone else ever experience this ?

Bob

I'm in Canada and I use Gardner-Bender "Military" grade 7" ties. They are
pricey but long lasting. Use them for Xmas lights all around my fencing and
around my 2 storey home and trees. Last in the heat and the cold.