Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Source for solid conductor RJ12 cables? (Chinese DRO scale cable)

On 2010-12-22, whit3rd wrote:
On Dec 20, 6:58*am, Louis Ohland wrote:
Does anyone know where I can buy RJ12 telephone cables with solid wire?

The crimp-on tips for RJ12 connection are DIFFERENT for
solid and for stranded wire. It's only easy to find the
tips for the stranded wire. Crimping the stranded-type tips
to the solid wire is unreliable.

I have used some (at work before I retired) which claimed to be
designed for both solid and stranded wire. I suspect that they got
those because they did not want to have to figure out which type of wire
they were working with in the field. :-)

Enjoy,
DoN.

--
Remove oil spill source from e-mail
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564