Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default help with drip feeding R2E4

On 2010-12-21, Gunner Asch wrote:
On Mon, 20 Dec 2010 20:02:26 -0600, "Lloyd E. Sponenburgh"
lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:

[ ... ]

[ ... ]

It's in a G03 block, and I run G3s and G2s all the time for cornering
blocks. I'll figure it out, and it'll probably be something like
(haven't explored this) the center of the arc being outside the "frame"
of the work area... It is prepping a very gentle curve when it fails.

LLoyd

One assumes you have tried other code totally different from that
particular line?

How large an angle is that swinging? I know that some machines
have G02 and G03 codes limited to 90 degrees swing at a time -- all in a
single quadrant. If you cross over a quadrant line, you'll need two
consecutive G02 or G03 instructions. Or three or four, depending on how
many quadrants you want to cut in.

I don't know what the limitations of the BOSS-9 were.

Good Luck,
DoN.

--
Remove oil spill source from e-mail
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564