Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jim Wilkins Jim Wilkins is offline

Default Antenna tower hinge

On Dec 21, 11:33*am, "Steve B" wrote:
Thanks ...
jsw

If you can get some pictures, that would explain it all. *If you have a lot
of buds, it may be cost feasible to make one, and have it on hand for all..
For the loads you are lifting, you wouldn't have to make an incredibly big
or strong one, and you could use a winch with a good capacity of cable, or
just tag onto the end of the cable with what you occasionally use for
hoisting. *The main thing is getting some good harnesses and using them
right. *I just saw a thing this morning where Spiderman went splat on
Broadway, his cable snapping, *So, even when you know how to do it right,
you can still get a boo boo.

Steve

I have a set of shear legs and a shop crane with off-pavement wheels
that will lift a ton or two as high as I need. I really want to learn
more so I know better what jobs to take or avoid, for myself or as
favors for friends.

jsw