Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default insulating draughty cavity under ground floor boards?

geraldthehamster wrote:
snip brillaint post

I've had three winters here now and dealt with a lot of the other
insulation issues that the house has - I'm convinced now that a major
part of the cold feel that is left is down to the floors. Especially
when outside is minus fifteen. I've yet to hear anyone say they
insulated their floor, but considered it a waste of time. You can't
build anything new without insulating the floor...

+100
also my main gripe is that I wish I had insulated my floors MORE

In windy weather they lose a LOT of heat despite 2" of polystyrene.

So if anyone is laying a slab, or redoing floors, insulate to the max.
You wont regret it.

Cheers
Richard