Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default help with drip feeding R2E4

Gunner Asch fired this volley in
:

One assumes you have tried other code totally different from that
particular line?

I've tried a lot, but so far there's not a lot of continuity to my
trouble-shooting, for lack of time. "Ordinary" machining goes fine.
It's just these long-trajectory engraving curves giving me fits, and I'll
soon (after Jan 15th), get some real "sit down" time with the machine to
figure it out.

ON the subject of modifying the boards to accommodate hardware flow-
control: Why? If I'm going to start chopping things up, I'll just chop
it ALL out and retro-fit. I have the tools now to do drip-feed, and
wouldn't revert to a BTR, even if I had one. I was never keen on punched
tape, even when it was the fallback medium of choice. One of the first
things I ever did in the field was build a cassette tape system to
replace the paper IPL tapes for our Data General Nova 1200's on my first
"real" computer job.

My iron is in good shape, and a modern control would make this servo-
based system a great platform. In the meanwhile, it does nice work if I
just ignore (or work around) the ideosyncracies.

I have a potential customer coming on line that - if I win the contract -
will permit me the income and time to retro-fit. I'll do it, in that
case.

LLoyd