Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default Deadbolt for old door

On Mon, 20 Dec 2010 21:14:15 -0600, dpb wrote:

David Nebenzahl wrote:

... it's a
beautiful "storybook" home in San Francisco built in the 1920s, and the
door is an integral part of the house, ...

OK, there's a clue not previously revealed -- go check out the salvage
places then--SF is both large enough and interested enough in vintage
stuff there have to be a multitude of places specializing in vintage
recycled stuff...

Not only that, but San Diego has a good market for architectural
relics. I spent some hours walking through shops there.

When I lived in Upsate New Yawk -- one old train station was
converted to an architectural recovery center.