Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Bob LaLonde CAMBAM

On 2010-12-20, Bob La Londe wrote:
"DoN. Nichols" wrote in message
60K to 150K lines of G-code? That is a *lot* of detail.

Imagine cutting out 20-50 hemispheres from .200 to .350 with a .0625 ball
end mill, and then all the supplemental stuff. Pins, ports, etc etc...
(over simplification, but you get the idea, and yes I know a bigger cutter
is faster LOL).

O.K. I can see where all those lines of code come in.

And the bigger cutter is only faster if it is still small enough
to fit between the hemispheres you are making. It sounds like a batch
projecting from a single surface.

BTW Those various accumulated runtimes I posted yesterday -- they are
now *all* set back to under 14 hours. We had a power outage
this morning longer than the battery backup time available from
my UPS. :-)

Actually a lot of my detail work takes less code now that I am learning to
do real 3D CAD to get what I want amazingly enough.

Great!

Enjoy,
DoN.

--
Remove oil spill source from e-mail
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564