Posted to alt.home.repair
benick[_2_] benick[_2_] is offline

Default Removing a cast iron bath tub??

"Harry K" wrote in message
On Dec 20, 8:26 am, RubEric wrote:
Remodeling my second floor bathroom will involve removing a large cast
iron tub. The tub is probably much too large and heavy to be removed
on one piece and will have to be broken up into small pieces.

How do I do that? Is cast iron brittle and easy to fracture with a
heavy hammer? Should I score the tub with a diamond saw before I
start to beat on it? Is there a danger of the stucco exterior
cracking as the result of my hammering??

TIA

Eric

The BFH is the way to go. I would try draping the spot you were
hammering on in a blanket.

As for recycling it? Until one of those things is removed to outside
the house, it is nothing but a big headache. I only salvaged one and
will never, ever try to do it again.

Harry K

DITTO that..Bust it up with a sledge hammer...