Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default help with drip feeding R2E4

Ignoramus30024 fired this volley in
:

Then you would be right at home with EMC2!

If one of the vendors sells a kit version with EMC2, I'd be happier than
a pig in slop.

I'm NOT terribly happy with some of the inherent quirks in the BOSS9
control. I have an engraving project I've been fiddling with in the odd
half-hour of spare time for over two months. It just "e-stops" for no
visible reason; every time, at the same line of code. Nothing out of
range, no axis limits exceeded, nothing except in the FIST log a cryptic
"motion command that took too long..." (or some-sort; I don't have the
message handy now) and part of the message cuts off at the edge of the
field. But I cannot find anything it exceeds.

It's in a G03 block, and I run G3s and G2s all the time for cornering
blocks. I'll figure it out, and it'll probably be something like
(haven't explored this) the center of the arc being outside the "frame"
of the work area... It is prepping a very gentle curve when it fails.

LLoyd