Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Louis Ohland Louis Ohland is offline

Default Source for solid conductor RJ12 cables? (Chinese DRO scale cable)

Exactamundo. The RJ12 end plugs in to the 3 axis DRO display, the end
that is the challenge is the RJ11 that plugs (loosely) into the scale
electronics. Even with a new RJ11 plug and scale, any side pressure will
eventually pull the plug out.

Ah yes, our little brothers across the ocean really did themselves proud
with this set-up. I had hoped that I could find a matching PCB mounting
terminal where I could solder the tails to the PCB, then simply either
screw or push in the conductor.

Ohland wants to solder solid wires of a cable instead of stranded
wires to contacts on a digital caliper's PC board. The RJ12 (or
whatever) connector is at the other end of the cable and plugs into an
ordinary matching socket. Ie, the RJ12 connector is not a concern,
the problem is getting the wires connected to the caliper's PCB.
Ohland implies that an expensive commercial cable is available with
RJ12 on one end and a plug to match the caliper contacts at the other
end; he wants to avoid buying the expensive cable.