Alan W

Default !/2" vs 3/4" Band saw blade

"Ron Stitt" wrote in message ws.com...
I have a Grizzly 14" bandsaw with the riser block. I purchased a TimberWolf
3/4" wide bs blade for resawing. It seems most of the people on this group
talk about 1/2" width for resawing? Did I make a booboo? Do I need a 1/2"
wide blade instead?

Thanks Ron

I bought a 3/4" timberwolf 4 tpi for resawing. I however, have an
older Ryobi resaw intended bandsaw, BS-50N. The motor is sub 2000
watts and I can hear it slow a bit under load. Currently resawing 6"
think purpleheart with neary a problem. I have a small amount of
blade lead on the fence which I just clamp to the table. Mainly the
pieces have only been a 1' or so long, but I could handle a 3' foot
piece pretty easy in under minutes. I've not yet tried to make thin
veneers and a drum sander would be handy for leveling those out.

Alan

http://alan.firebin.net/bs50n.html