Posted to uk.d-i-y
Scott M Scott M is offline

Default Future planning: Propane alternative to oil

MM wrote:

I laugh at your gas hobs; I poke fun at your halogen hobs; induction
really is cooking Nirvana.

Yeah, like all the professional cooks in the country, who use gas, are
laughing at you!

shrug (again) The professional world and the domestic world are two
completely different things.

Gas hobs are the only ones that'd survive in an industrial environment.
Thumping great heavy pans of food around in a tearing hurry is going to
wreck anything other than a gas hob since they're effectively just lumps
of pig iron rather than being glass or ceramic. They've also got to cope
with fluid being spilled all over them.

In a similar vein, professional cooks use uncoated pans. But, ask them
what they recommend as a good purchase and they'll say non-stick. Reason
being a Teflon pan wouldn't survive a week in a restaurant but that
doesn't mean it's in some way inferior for home use.

You're obviously desperate to prove something but I have no idea why.

--
Scott