Posted to uk.d-i-y
Scott M Scott M is offline

Default Future planning: Propane alternative to oil

harry wrote:

So exactly what sort of pans do you need. Are they vitally neccessary
or just desireable?

I won't try and out-do Tim's physics piece (never my strong point) but
the correct pan /is/ vital. A pan with an aluminium base[1] won't work
at all.

Basically, anything heavy (ie steel/iron) you've already got is
suitable. Light pans all tend to be aluminium so no good. Packaging on
pans (and sometimes the bases themselves) come with a selection of
symbols showing what they can be used on. Induction has a symbol of its own.

Oh, and you can even heat up roasting tins and the like to melt fat out
of the bottom!

[1] There are some ally pans with induction suitable bases out there.

--
Scott