Posted to alt.home.repair
Harry K Harry K is offline

Default OT Tilt steering wheels and ice

On Dec 19, 5:10*pm, mm wrote:
On 19 Dec 2010 06:47:26 GMT, RobertPatrick wrote:

And all that useless padding. *Look at all the weight that could be
saved removing all that stuff.

Yeah, let's bring back steel dashboards, but make them out of
titanium/magnesium because it's lighter.

Harry K

And hood ornaments to poke our eyes out.

Why is it that hood ornmaments like that are illegal on new cars, but
I thing you can still install them on your own car? *Can you still do
that?

(Yes I know it's your own car, but I don't think it matters.)

May not be legal but absent a safety inspection requirement how are
they to know?

Europeans have stringent inspections but I managed to squeeze my old
junker through one.

Harry K