Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.hvac
Kurt Ullman Kurt Ullman is offline

Default What Is a tax deduction? I'll tell you what itis ...

In article ,
" wrote:

Wrong. Your assumption is that money if free. All the government has to do
is print it.

My assumption was that you were talking about paying more taxes,
which as I mentioned doesn't happen. Now, you are talking inflation
which is a whole 'nother kettle of wax.

The only
thing that you owe the government is what the tax laws (including
credits, etc) require you to pay. Expenditures are not (even with the
conceit of "paying" for things, related to revenues and thus taxes.

There is a difference between normal deductions and things like energy
credits. Energy credits are a manipulation, by the government, in the free
market by transferring money from the treasury to an individual. They really
do matter.

Nonsense. Deductions are manupulation, too. Look at the mortgage
deduction for instance.

--
"Even I realized that money was to politicians what the ecalyptus tree is to koala bears: food, water, shelter and something to crap on."
---PJ O'Rourke