Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default spraying latex on garage drywall?

On Sun, 19 Dec 2010 16:16:41 -0500, Tony Miklos
wrote:

Anyone have experience with this? Lows has a $50 latex paint sprayer,
and I have an old wagner electric sprayer. I would be doing latex
drywall primer followed by latex semi gloss (or maybe less gloss). I
think there is an attachment for the Wagner that points up for doing
ceilings, with the air gun I suppose I'd have to keep it fairly full
doing the ceiling. Any real life experience out there?

Yes. But I used a Graco airless paint sprayer. Wouldn't change a
thing. I tried a Wagner "bumble bee" sprayer once on some doors. I'll
never use one again.

If you stick with a white flat sheen paint, it looks best. Get into
colors and gloss -- you will see imperfections in the drywall. Not all
garage walls are finished as well as interior walls.

With the airless sprayer you can rent one. Clean up is important.

I always strain my paints when using a sprayer. Takes out the gubbers
and less clogging in the spray tip.

Two cents...