Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Steve B[_10_] Steve B[_10_] is offline

Default Anyone got a video camera swap/trade/sell?

I think my brother just gave up on video, until he bought the Canon
digital camera theat will take JPEG videos on the SD card.
Friend also gave up on dedicated video camera - and I just use my
panasonic digital camera for any video I need.The batteries for my JVC
Compact VHS never lasted more than a year - I think the camera is
still gathering dust somewhere around here.

I got to use a $4,000 Sony (IIRC) camera, and big video editing suite for a
few months. There is tons of things to learn, some of them complicated,
some of them like a lot of computer things, once you do it once or twice,
you remember it. I did not get the hang of the video editing, but I have
been taking pictures now for over fifty years, and that part is the same as
always.

I did some youtube stuff with my Sony DSCH1 still camera in video mode, and
it turned out great. Now I need to learn how to edit them and melt several
sequences together. I do not think that would be hard. The camera takes in
MP4 format, which is what goes directly on youtube.

What you might want to consider, Gunner, is the resolution you want. How
good do you want the picture to be, because that is what determines the
camera and cost. The current crop of huge storage cards usually just plug
and play on most computers, or there is a jack to put it straight out to TV.

For what you want, figure out what your quality requirements are, then
advertise for that type of camera. In today's market, I would estimate that
you can buy a very nice digital video camera for about $100.

HTH

Steve