Posted to rec.woodworking
GROVER GROVER is offline

Default corrugated wood fasteners

On Dec 19, 7:48*am, "
wrote:
Does anyone know how to drive these. *I know that they are cheap and
lousy ways to join wood but I have never been able to drive them
successfully.

There are two ways I know to drive corrugated fasteners. If you need
to drive a lot of them both Senco and Paslode make pneumatic nailers
to insert them rather easily. You will need to drive a lot of them to
justify the cost of the tool.

There also is a small and inexpensive tool (possibly made by Stanley
or General). It is an aluminum rectangle about one and a half inches
deep, in which you insert the fastener and a separate blade which fits
behind the fastener. You hand hold the assembly and use a hammer to
drive the blade.

At best, they are easy and cheap to use but tend to crush the wood
fibers. Good application is assembling orange crates.

Joe G