Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Pete C. Pete C. is offline

Default Bob LaLonde CAMBAM

Bob La Londe wrote:

"Bob La Londe" wrote in message
. 3.70...
"DoN. Nichols" fired this volley in
:

And the owner of the web site really should add somewhere to
answer this simple question.

Don, in this world of WinBlows dominance, if it doesn't SAY what system
it's good for, it's always Windows.

FWIW, the home page shows a screen shot that is unmistakably a Windows
screen.

LLoyd

It is most definitely a Windows platform package. It should be able to
run on some MACs as there are Windows compatibility packages out there for
Macs, and there is talk about porting it over to Linux, but Andy is pretty
busy right now with working the bugs out of the latest release first.

I suppose I should add that I see no need to have it run under Linux unless
you are one of those one computer for everything guys. It includes post
processors for Mach, EMC, Fanuc, and a couple others.

Yes, computers are cheap, there is no reason to try to do everything on
one machine and plenty of reasons not to. I have five machines in
various locations used for various tasks:

- web and mail server (garage)
- CAD/CAM desktop (office)
- email and surfing laptop (office)
- email and surfing laptop (wherever)
- CNC (Mach3) control (shop)

The network and the mirrored NAS storage box integrate everything
nicely.