Posted to uk.d-i-y
MM MM is offline

Default Future planning: Propane alternative to oil

On Sun, 19 Dec 2010 01:19:38 +0000, Clive George
wrote:

On 18/12/2010 12:54, MM wrote:

- use an external propane red bottle to power the gas hob

At present, the hob is electric (wipe-clean flat-surface type)

Which one of those scenarios appeals? NB: Take into account the
current enormous rise in heating oil price, which might not drop for
several months.

We have an external propane red bottle (two actually) to power our gas
hob instead of electric, but that's just because we find a gas hob nicer
to use, nothing to do with heating the house and price of oil.

Well, yes, that was what motivated my neighbour to change and what
initially interested me, too, since I also hate cooking on an electric
hob. An electric oven is fine, but gas rings are so much more
controllable for everything else. However, in Flackwell Heath, my
previous demesne, the gas hob was very useful for quickly spreading
warmth throughout the kitchen on very cold days.

MM