Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT - dead squeeze flash lights

Mine are prerty much just the clamshell, two cells, and the
two wires. I havn't tried changing batteries. Maybe I'll
bend the wires too much while I have them apart, and they
won't work right. I did have a quick look at batteries on
Ebay, and the entire lights are pretty close in price.

When yours uses up the battery, I saw earlier that the LED
present nearly zero rsistance after they warm up. The button
cells run "wide open throttle" which is low enough amp
supply that it doesn't burn out the LED. I think typical LED
runs 20 mA. At 4.5 volts, and .020 amps,

E = IR or R = E / I
R = 4.5 / .020 = 225 ohms.

Of course, my math may be out of whack some where.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Frank" wrote in message

I've only got one, on my key chain, that I think I'm gonna
cannibalize
when battery burns out. The switch contacts are just two
wires with
casings that can slip and I've had to adjust as light either
goes on too
easy, like in my pocket, or requires too much squeezing.