Posted to alt.home.repair
Red Green Red Green is offline

Default Patching vs New "Sheet Rock"

Oren wrote in news:f2clg6tns658dsqpnrtt8l00jlpa28l13g@
4ax.com:

On Wed, 15 Dec 2010 22:51:12 -0500, "benick"
wrote:

Nobody has used nails to install sheetrock since the invention of the
screwgun...LOL...And you still get pops sometimes...Things STILL move...

When in my teens we hung with "blue nails" and used a lath hatchet
with the blade on it.

At the end of the day, our lips were blue from the nails held in our
mouth. Spit a nail out, tap and sink it. You get fast at it G.

And those nails were the sharpest nails I've ever used! I mean if you put
your hand in a bunch of them and pulled it out the hand would look magnetic
to a bystander...until they realized it was the points stuck in the skin.