Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Bob LaLonde CAMBAM

On 2010-12-18, Bob La Londe wrote:
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh" lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote in message
. 3.70...
Bob, seeing you on the CAMBAM forum, I'm remembering it was you who
suggested I try it.

Man, were you right! Andy Payne is both responsive and quite smart. This
package is the CAM.

Thanks for your lead. It never showed up in the "affordable CAM" searches
I did. But what a find it is.

Thanks again,

LLoyd

I have tried half a dozen affordable CAM programs including a couple that
cost more, and its pretty hard to beat CamBam anywere close to that price.
Its got some minor cutter compensation things which need to be addressed
still for true 3D cutting with ball end mills, and some of the 3D work I do
is still a little confusing, but its head and shoulders above anything else
I can afford. I can take a "3D file" to "cut file" in minutes for a simple
operation.

[ ... ]

The 40 uses trial is pretty cool too. I designed a dozen parts or more that
I actually cut during the trial installation.

I went to the web page (after a quick google search) and found
quite a bit about it -- but no clue what software and hardware platform
it runs on. Based on past experience, if nobody says anything, I have
to assume that it runs on Window on Intelm machines, so I won't be able
to run it.

If it runs on other platforms, I would like to hear about it.

And the owner of the web site really should add somewhere to
answer this simple question.

Thanks,
DoN.

--
Remove oil spill source from e-mail
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564