Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Bob LaLonde CAMBAM

Lloyd E. Sponenburgh" lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote in message
. 3.70...
Bob, seeing you on the CAMBAM forum, I'm remembering it was you who
suggested I try it.

Man, were you right! Andy Payne is both responsive and quite smart. This
package is the CAM.

Thanks for your lead. It never showed up in the "affordable CAM" searches
I did. But what a find it is.

Thanks again,

LLoyd

I have tried half a dozen affordable CAM programs including a couple that
cost more, and its pretty hard to beat CamBam anywere close to that price.
Its got some minor cutter compensation things which need to be addressed
still for true 3D cutting with ball end mills, and some of the 3D work I do
is still a little confusing, but its head and shoulders above anything else
I can afford. I can take a "3D file" to "cut file" in minutes for a simple
operation.

I am still mastering version 9.7.f, but as soon as Andy announces 9.8 is
stable I'm going to be all over it. He has improved 3D processing, made
repeating machine operations and linking objects faster. Lots of cool stuff
in 9.8... and the best part... the upgrade is free.

I'm glad I was able to help. I know I sound like one of those fanboys I so
despise in other groups, but this is really unbelievable for the price, and
like I said before. Its a real bonus that the developer is so response to
ideas, requests, and criticizm. The other users on his forum are great too.
Bubba, 10bulls, and even c.sitas (another beginner like me) are all helpful
too. Even when I have asked really stupid questions somebody has stepped up
and put me back on the right track.

The 40 uses trial is pretty cool too. I designed a dozen parts or more that
I actually cut during the trial installation.

For the little bit I did you are most welcome.