Posted to rec.woodworking
Robatoy[_2_] Robatoy[_2_] is offline

Default Finishing question

On Dec 18, 11:50*am, Larry Jaques
wrote:
On Sat, 18 Dec 2010 07:13:29 -0800, Rich wrote:
FrozenNorth wrote:

On 12/17/10 11:31 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

"FrozenNorth" wrote

Thanks for all the great info and ideas, we never had anything fall
off the back of the stove, so this shelf mounted to the wall would be
much safer anyway.
--
Froz...

Reaching across a stove top with burners on is nuts anyway. Would not
happen in my house. I value my (and mywife's) skin too much to risk such
a thing. But don't let me stop you.

The burner controls are back there anyway, what is the big deal, by your
logic I could never turn them off.

The shelf will be above them. *Anyone worried about the chance for a
burn from this is either a lawyer from California or totally paranoid.

I'd use a polyurethane and let it cure for a week or so before
subjecting it to the heat and vapor

No kidding, wonder how the cave men survived? Oh thats right they didn't..
Doubt it was because they were burned while grabbing the salt to season
their Mammoth.

Nope, it was from trying to collect sabretooth urine for marinade that
killed them.

--
The art of life lies in a constant readjustment to our surroundings.

I know for a fact that not all cavemen died.