Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default Dryer Vent

On Fri, 17 Dec 2010 02:28:59 GMT, Red Green
wrote:

LSMFT wrote in :

mcp6453 wrote:
My electric dryer is installed up against the outside wall. I had to
fashion a vent since there is not room for a flexible hose.

This device looks like the perfect solution for my dryer situation,
but the online videos completely turn me off.

http://thequickconnector.com/

Has anyone here used one of these? Is there a better product? The
appeal of this unit is that the pipe protruding from the dryer slides
into the outlet vent.

I made my own with 4 inch hard ducting one time. It's a pain to line
up unless you have wheels on your dryer. Then if it catches when
lining it up you push the outside piece out and you can go round and
round. Then every time you move the dryer you have to line it up and
connect it again. You KNOW it won't be perfectly aligned.

In a future time this same As Seen on TV company will be selling a
flexible hose version (with some gimmick to make it different from
todays hoses). It will tout

- No longer a pain to line up
- Move your dryer without disconnecting anything!
- clean under your dryer EVEN WHILE IT"S RUNNING!!
- a $60,000 value for only 29.99
- But Wait! There's more!!
- Just pay separate processing and handling.
- yadda yadda

Kit:

http://www.lemurzone.com/rfg/wp-cont...970c-800wi.jpg

Includes duct tape.